Special Issue on Symmetries and Integrability of Difference Equations
The Guest Editors for this special issue are
Véronique Hussin (Université de Montréal, Canada)
Mourad Ismail (University of Central Florida, USA)
Decio Levi (Università degli Studi Roma Tre, Italy)
Zora Thomova (SUNY Polytechnic Institute, USA)
Pavel Winternitz (Université de Montréal, Canada)
Topics for this Special Issue will include:
- discrete, continuous and ultradiscrete Painlevé equations;
- orthogonal polynomials, special functions and their relation to discrete integrable systems and their elliptic analogs;
- integrability criteria for single and multivariable difference equations and differential difference equations;
- discrete differential geometry;
- discrete integrable systems and isomonodromy transformations;
- Yang–Baxter maps and quantum discrete integrable systems;
- continuous symmetries of discrete equations;
- structure preserving discretization of differential equations and numerical methods;
- cluster algebras and discrete integrable systems;
- dynamics on graphs and combinatorics;
- difference Galois theory;
- lattices and symmetries in physical applications.
The special issue is related to SIDE12 conference which was held at Le Chantecler, in SteAdèle, Québec, Canada (the Laurentian area near Montréal), from July 4, 2016 to July 9, 2016, under the same name as the proposed title of the issue.
Participants in the conference SIDE12 and others whose work is concerned with the above topics, in particular participants in earlier SIDE meetings, are invited
to submit papers to the special issue.
How to Submit an Article to the Issue.
For this issue both original research articles and review papers (not published or considered for publication elsewhere) are welcome and will be refereed according to the
usual standards of SIGMA.
There is no limit to the length of an article. Deadline for paper submission is May 01, 2017.
Papers in this Issue:
Rational Solutions of the Painlevé-II Equation Revisited
Peter D. Miller and Yue Sheng
SIGMA 13 (2017), 065, 29 pages [ abs
Relativistic DNLS and Kaup-Newell Hierarchy
Oktay K. Pashaev and Jyh-Hao Lee
SIGMA 13 (2017), 058, 13 pages [ abs
On Reductions of the Hirota-Miwa Equation
Andrew N.W. Hone, Theodoros E. Kouloukas and Chloe Ward
SIGMA 13 (2017), 057, 17 pages [ abs
Symmetries of the Hirota Difference Equation
Andrei K. Pogrebkov
SIGMA 13 (2017), 053, 14 pages [ abs
Self-Dual Systems, their Symmetries and Reductions to the Bogoyavlensky Lattice
Allan P. Fordy and Pavlos Xenitidis
SIGMA 13 (2017), 051, 10 pages [ abs
Multi-Poisson Approach to the Painlevé Equations: from the Isospectral Deformation to the Isomonodromic Deformation
SIGMA 13 (2017), 025, 27 pages [ abs